“The guidance (both big and small) you gave us during the build process was invaluable and resulted what we think is the perfect build. The attention to detail really stands out over time and has not gone unnoticed.”
“Hi Tom and Kyleigh,
It’s been about a year since we picked up our completed van, “Fred”. In that time we have spent about 3 months in the van (long trip in CO, long trip in Baja and numerous shorter trips)…In short, we could not be any happier and love everything about it! We came to you with a dream build wish list and you made it a reality balancing form and function. The guidance (both big and small) you gave us during the build process was invaluable and resulted what we think is the perfect build. The attention to detail really stands out over time and has not gone unnoticed. The more time we spend in Fred the more we love it.
- The insulation is amazing. We are comfortable even when temps approach the extreme.
- The venting setup (placement of the Maxxair over the bed, the incoming vent in under the van – brilliant). AC is not necessary.
- Your recommendation of going as electric as possible. Love not dealing with propane.
- Color choices and finish are perfect. The brick…we know it’s polarizing on the Youtube channel, but we love it.
- The insulated “privacy curtains” in front and back. Tell everyone they need these. They make things so cozy and really block the heat/cold. The quality of the insulated curtains is fantastic.
- The over the driver storage…our specs were “can you make better use of this area?” and you gave us an attractive space that provides 30% more storage and integrates subtly with the privacy curtain. And it’s attractive.
- Upgrading the suspension…fantastic. The van drives great both on/off road.
- Again we wanted it all…a full size bed, work/eating area and a biggish galley. And you did it. And, the ergonomics just work work in every way (feet don’t dangle when sitting, space to sit). We just marvel at that.
- And the garage. You asked for measurements for our larger stuff and everything just fits perfectly. The shelving is amazing. We haul a ton of stuff, but everything has it’s place.
- The construction is top-rate…there’s very little noise when we drive.
“…friendly, genuine, and all out stoked to facilitate making my #vanlife dream come true.”
“So I had this dream to live in a van. After researching multiple options for a van build contractor, I thought my dream had ended. Then I found Freedomvans’ blog and phone number and gave Tom a call. From the moment he answered my call, Tom was friendly, genuine, and all out stoked to facilitate making my #vanlife dream come true. Where the other contractors were limiting, Tom was able to transfer my laundry list of van build concepts into feasible design, for a reasonable price. Tom’s background and confidence in solar panels assured me the power system he would build would withstand the grayness of the Pacific Northwest’s moody weather. Impressively, my van turned out everything I hoped for and more. I have only used shorepower one time in the last 2 months! Tom’s attention to detail and ability to put concepts into reality is amazing! I will definitely continue to have Tom update and upgrade my van as more ideas unfold. Freedom Vans can take your van dreams where you want them to go, whether a minimal toy hauler build or a luxurious van home.”
– Dana Sperle