2017 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
Converted for a Weekend Warrior
When you live in Lake Tahoe, adventure runs in your blood. To help facilitate these adventures for our client, we built him Graystone- a converted Sprinter van for all four-seasons of play. Every part of this van is customized and modular, equipped with a ski rack, kayak storage, and bike storage. A fold-down bed is securely lowered onto chains for the second explorer. The bed can be folded and secured to the wall to open up interior space. We included unique artwork of a mountain ridgeline, stained onto the underside of this secondary bed. The kitchen galley is also customized to fit utilities such as a Dometic fridge and microwave, all ran by off-grid alternative energy sources. To further personalize the Sprinter van and formalize a tribute to the great alpine lake of Tahoe, Tom hand-cut its boundary into the side of the kitchen galley. We also built and installed a removable table, easily accessed by the two swivel captain’s chairs. Atop the roof of Graystone, we installed a GoWesty road shower, a satellite antennae, a solar panel, and manual awning. We loved working on Graystone, and are really excited for this adventure van to hit the 395.
- Rubberized underlayment floor insulation
- Vapor barrier
- Paneling Tongue and groove ceiling panels, stain of choice.
- Fabric-wrapped wall panels
- Coin-gripped lower panels
- Floor Durable rubber coin-grip floor finish
- Off-grid solar kit
- Inverter 2000 watt pure sine power inverter and 3 outlets in walls
- Shore Power Battery charger and 15 amp shore power plug
- Lithium battery bank
- Ventilation 10 speed deluxe Maxxair fan
- Diesel Air Heater Espar D2 Cabin Heater
- Bed Platform
- Underbed kayak storage
- Overhead Cabinet
- Bike storage
- Galley Refrigerator and microwave cabinet
- Satellite Antenna
- Removable Table dining table
- Interior Lights (Basic)
- Solar Shower GoWesty Road Shower
- Samsung 32″ Smart TV with swivel mount
- Blu Ray Player Samsung Wifi Built in Blu Ray Player
- Roof Rails
- Ladder Aluminess Side Mount Ladder
- T-Vent Sprinter Window Passenger sliding door
- Electric step AMP research
- Memory foam mattress
- Ski tray wooden box
- Driver side rear pillar reading light
Have any questions? Contact us and we will try to answer them.
Want to see more? Continue browsing through our project gallery.
Interested in building with us? Check out our process page for our services and more information.
Lastly, follow us on Instagram! @freedomvans